FRENDZ IN CHRIST 4EVER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ORATORICAL PIECES

Go down

ORATORICAL PIECES Empty ORATORICAL PIECES

Post  Admin Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:00 am

CATHY MANUEL

Life Purpose

"What Really Matters Most"
By Scott Andrews, Founder

What really matters most in our life?

We either know, or we don't. Each of us is different. Yet, the one way we are unique is that we are all human, all have limited time, and all have a beating heart. In other words, we all have the present moment (NOW) to show LOVE to each other. That is the meaning of life: to love and give to each other in more meaningful ways. Obviously it is the God in heaven who modeled how life has to be lived unselfessly, we pass this way but once so we might as well thrive to make ourselves busy into something productive for others!

When people pass away, we offer them a funeral. A ceremony where people who were close to the deceased show up to show final respects: recite a poem about them, say thoughts about them, or express ways that they were unique. We ask for special numbers in the church where the deceased person’s friends may pay their last respect and offering! These ceremonies are special. Yet, why don't we express these thoughts more frequently when our friends and loved ones are alive? When they can here us tell them, “I love you my loved one!” When they can see the flowers that were strewn in front of her casket now were mere colors without a purpose! If we could only have given the dead person when yet alive, they should have appreciated it, I bet you they will smell the blooms and thank you for such thoughtfulness!

Yes, we are spiritual beings in a physical body, and death is just a passing. Yet, we will not see that person again in human form in our lifetime. So, what does that mean to US while we are here, NOW? The Bible says, even when its context is the salvation of soul, NOW IS THE DAY OF SALVATION! Save us our futile efforts of doing something that will neve be seen anymore, felt neither by a heart that stopped throbbing! It is NOW that we should express our love, not when the person we love is gone and breathless they rest!

Why not show our love while the person is sitting in front of us? Is it that hard? Why don’t you look at me now, straight to my eyes, IS IT HARD TO SAY I LOVE YOU WHEN THE PERSON IS IN FRONT OF US? Have you ever told your mom, dad, brothers and sisters that you love them and you appreciate how they have been a part of you NOW! Not tomorrow when we don’t know the day when they will die and we lose our opportunity to say what we can tell them NOW!

The times I failed to give love are the times I thought it would make me soft, or perhaps show my vulnerability. In reality, it would have showed the other person that I was human and that I cared about them. Those are the moments that truly matter the most.

Being human is a precious gift, and part of that gift is time. The other part is sense/perception, and last, the ability to give.

So often, we do not give. Instead, we choose to procrastinate. We procrastinate calling that old friend we think about. We avoid telling our spouse/lover, "I love you." We delay writing that little "thank you" note to a former boss who helped us land a hot job. Why? Why do we procrastinate?

Procrastination has often been called "the tool of the devil." I would rather call procrastination "a choice." YES YOU DEFINITELY CHOOSE IT NOT TO DO! THE LOVE IN YOU HAS BEEN SO SELFISH! LOVE THAT WAS NEVER EXPRESSED IS NOT LOVE AT ALL! And it will be a lifetime regret when the person leaves you without even expressing that love that may become useless at the time of death!

We CHOOSE to procrastinate. We often choose to procrastinate for the same reason: choosing an unsatisfying career (fear of lack/no money if we do the thing we really enjoy), accepting mediocre relationships (fear of finding/allowing ourselves to find true love OR fear of loneliness of actually getting to know our selves in the process), and creating our own spiritual world or lifestyle (fear of the other people's perception). There are many other ways we procrastinate, and most of them are really about fear of SURRENDERING the shame that we feel when we express the love we feel for the person, who shows us the path to what we really want and what will really enable us to create happiness and joy.

Every day we make choices. Whether we make our choices for good or bad is truly up to us. Procrastination is merely the result of our decisions, the decisions made from logic, rather than our heart. When our spirit is guiding, the decisions come from our heart, and the mind then recreates/adjusts to fit the splendor of that moment.

At some point we will all die. However, we do not know when that moment will be. Recently, Jennifer White, passed away. Jennifer's light and energy showed many people a better way. What did her life mean? If you read the memorial guest book at her site, you will discover how Jennifer made the most of her moments to create joy, love, happiness in her life and spread that love to others. We have only the moments we are in front of the people we care about to reach out and hug them, to kiss them on their cheek, and tell them how much we appreciate them. It only takes a minute or two to pick up a telephone and call that friend or loved one, or write that letter.

Can we find ways to improve how we live? How can we love others more often? What ways can we show our love, creatively? Can we live our aspirations today? If we know the answer, what are we waiting for to make us do it? Death? Life is fragile. Now is the time to live fully and bless those friends and family who grace us with their love.

Now is the time to live our life. Do you know your life purpose? If you do and are not living it, may I ask you WHY NOT? If you do not know your life calling, are you asking yourself the questions to finding it? Are you listening to the answers? Are you living according to those answers?

NOW INDEED IS THE TIME FOR US TO LISTEN TO WHAT HEAVEN IN ITS HOLY BOOK IS SAYING ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF SOUL, AND THE BEST WAY TO CARE IS SHARE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST THAT HE DIED FOR OUR SIN OF DISBELIEF AND MERE RELIGIOUSITY. WE MUST CONFESS IT BEFORE GOD AND ASK HIM TO ENTER YOUR HEART AND TAKE CONTROL OF IT! AND NOW IS THE TIME OF ACCEPTANCE!

Then and only then, we may be able to have the power of the Holy Spirit to express the love that our pride and culture cannot make us tell the person how much we love and care for them!

There is only NOW to make a difference. It is never too late to start telling people we love them. It is never too late to start to give and live by our heart, instead of our mind.

Admin
Admin

https://frendzinchrist4ever.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum